NelagaDale UnDe (ನೆಲಗಡಲೆ ಉಂಡೆ)
This is one of the easiest dessert prepared during festivals in my home. Minimal ingredients and maximum taste.
Time: 30 mins
- Groundnuts 250gm
- Jaggery 250gm
- Dry coconut 1/2 cup
- Roast groundnuts in a thick bottomed kadai/vessel till they begin to splutter.
- Allow it to cool for a while. Remove the peels and split into halves.
- Grind the split ground nuts into a course mixture. Add dry coconut to the ground mix.
- Shrivel jaggery to a vessel and add 0.5 glass of water to it.
- Keep stirring the mix till it caramelizes. (Take a pinch of the mix and drop into water. The mix will settle at bottom and not dissolve). That’s the right temperature of caramel mix.
- Pour the caramelized mix to groundnut+coconut mix. Mix swiftly. Tie the mix into a laddu.
- Use ghee/mix if you have trouble in tying the laddu.
- Once caramel mix is mixed with groundnut mix, it starts to solidify really fast. So pour caramel mix in batches.
- Groundnut is powdered to coarse mix as its easy to tie course mix to laddu than the whole nuts.